Saturday, May 21, 2005

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The good: superb production values
The bad: more detailed explosions would've been nice
Being a veteran of three of the past 4 Ace releases ( I missed the 4th installment), I was quite expecting another quality air-time in this latest release. To my surprise, Ace 5 isn't just the quality flight combat game that I was expecting, it turns out to be one of the most enjoyable videogame experience of my life.

Ace 5 tells the story of two countries in the brink of a major war. You play as Blaze, young captain of Sand Island Squadron which just happens to be the first line of defense in the coming war. The story is told through numeruous and quite lenghty FMVs which are nothing short of beautiful as well as in the constant radio chatter during missions. And trust me, the story and the underlying characters, relationships and events is as chilling as any movie you'll see.

Missions are abundant and are varied enough that you won't feel as though you've played a mission before. You get to choose a wide assortment of real-life planes which are detailed to a almost picture-perfect detail. If only I could say the same about the terrain and explosions detail then this game would've been unbelievable.
(5/5)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home